Thursday, April 4, 2013

Turn up your radio

Poking around the web the other night I came across some audio files of Major League baseball games.  I thought that I'd provide a bit more info that the page at archive.org does.  The box scores are from baseball-reference.com.
Lewiston Morning Tribune - October 5, 1948

Park City Daily News - September 3, 1967

If you'd like to access the the games through the archive.org site interface, here you go...


Van Morrison isn't exactly referring to baseball when he sings, "Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher, radio..." but it works for me.


If you're interested I previously wrote about a 1939 game between the Indians and the Senators.

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff. I'll be going back to this post again.

    Looks like a lot of work to put this together. It'd be a lot of work for me anyway.

    Oh, heck, I wouldn't even know where to start.

    Nice.

    ReplyDelete