Thursday, November 8, 2012

Larry Bird Custom Card

1991-92 Upper Deck
Larry Bird (fictitious card # 344)

I like to think that I'm not tethered to my television.  I will have it on in the background at times and my wife and I enjoy watching a few shows together.  Duck DynastyCastleThe MiddleModern Family.  We tried The Neighbors and found it delightfully quirky.  I didn't give it more than four episodes before some studio executive yanked it.  It might have found some viewership because it is still on.

Aliens come to earth.  To fit in, they took names of sports stars.  The leader of the aliens is named Larry Bird.  His wife?  Jackie Joyner-Kersee.  Their sons?  Reggie Jackson and Dick Butkus.

So, I hadn't done a fictitious card in a while.  Stunning?  No, not really, but I feel good about it.  I'm working on some others.

No comments:

Post a Comment