Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Bread for ...

Here's another post with cards I picked up at Kam's OTW Cards. I actually went there twice on Saturday. The first time I was looking for McHale cards. I passed over these two Panini Past and Present cards in the Celtics section of the big box.

Later that afternoon Caroline and I had some time to kill. We went and walked around a mall, doing some window shopping. We found our way to a Dairy Queen for a hot fudge sundae and still had some time.  Back to Kam's.  I knew right where I left them.  I walked it, put a quarter on the counter and picked these two out.  I'm not necessarily a fan of Ray Allen or Rajon Rondo, although both can play.  I really don't like the current NBA.  But I liked these cards.

2011-12 Panini Past and Present
Bread for Health
Ray Allen (card # 2)


2011-12 Panini Past and Present
Bread for Energy
Rajon Rondo (card # 41)

Of course, they are a tribute to the 1951 Fischer’s Bread Labels.


I lifted this image from a Huggins and Scott auction page. Bob Lemke wrote about these 'cards' two years ago.

I think that Jon over at Community Gum is collecting the Panini set.  I need to take a closer look at his want list.  Then I need to invite him to Got it. Got it. Need it.  Actually, I'll invite everyone over to GiGiNi.  Heck, even I need to update my lists.  I'll do that over lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment