Thursday, June 28, 2012

I'm Still Standing

Let me thank you all for the kind comments, support, and prayers.  You can't get rid of me so fast. 

I'm supposed to be in surgery right now, but the surgeon called yesterday.  He wants me to meet with another surgeon on Monday and we'll go from there.  Today has been postponed.  See, not too many details.

But, since I'm not on the table, I may as well post something.  Contest winnings.  That's right.  I won a contest.  From Matthew, over at the Number 5 Type Collection.

Let's see what Matthew sent....

1963 Topps
Robin Roberts (card # 125)



I haven't been entering many contests lately.  I've been fortunate to have won a few of them over the last couple of years, several from Matthew.  Maybe I'm trying to let others get a chance.  Maybe I'm lazy.  Maybe I don't need another set of Diamond King inserts from the late 1980s.  I don't know.

I snagged this image from Matthew's blog.  I haven't touched my scanner in a week.  I do like the back of the card, though.  Full stats for Rob Rob, including a year in the minors.  Who needs Baseball-Reference.com?  I've got baseball cards.

1 comment: