Tuesday, January 3, 2012

NHL Winter Classic, nah, just hockey cards

I was able to sneak in a few minutes of hockey yesterday.  We had some friends over to watch the Gator Bowl. I'm open to watching some college ball, but two 6-6 teams?

To celebrate the singing of the Canadian national anthem on US soil, I'll share some cards that came out of a 1991-92 ProSet Hockey, Edition Française.  15 cards in the pack.  I picked this one up out of a dollar bin at the card store in Chattanooga.  I'll feature the store later.


I realized that I featured three net minders.  That's okay.  They're great goalies.  I like the pucks hanging in the air.

1991-92 ProSet Hockey
Grant Fuhr (card # 78)



It has been too many years since the days of high school French classes.  If memory serves me correctly, Grant Fuhr had more pajamas than Patrick Roy did in the early 1990s.

1991-92 ProSet Hockey
Patrick Roy (card # 125)



I don't remember John MacLean.  This is an All-Star card from the set.

1991-92 ProSet Hockey
John MacLean (card # 307)


Terry Sawchuk has a pretty face.  Don't know if he kept it that way without a mask.

1991-92 ProSet Hockey
Terry Sawchuk (card # 343)


Louis, these cards will be coming your way. Eventually.

2 comments:

  1. In answer to your Terry Sawchuk question,
    http://www.saucehockey.com/dailysauce/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Terry-Sawchuck.jpg
    not for the squeamish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mark. Louis thanks you though obviously you didn't have to.

    As a first generation American via Montreal and the first-English speaker in my family, even I am not sure how those French language cards landed so far south of the border.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete