Thursday, October 27, 2011

More Cards from the Night Owl

Sometime back, Greg sent me some cards from my Hershiser wantlist.  Since life gets in the way for me, I finally made some time and scanned a few more in.  You might recognize the first one from the Night Owl's post.  But I go a step beyond and show the back.

1986 Fleer Star Stickers
Orel Hershiser (card # 58)


I guess that Topps Tiffany cards were the refractors before refractors were refractors.  They don't refract so much as they just are really glossy.  You can't really see it in the scan, but it is a high sheen (no, not Charlie) similar to a midnight blue Olds 442 straight off the showroom floor.

1987 Topps Tiffany
Orel Hershiser (card # 385)


The cardstock seems to have been bleached or is a higher grade as well. Look at that white. Not too long.  You'll hurt your eyes.

Thanks, Greg, for letting me keep stringing this blog along.  I might have another few posts by the end of the year.

According to Zistle, I have 402 different Orel Hershiser cards.  I also have about 88 different Orel Hershiser cards that I'm willing to trade.  That means dupes, people.  See my Zistle Tradelist (then sort by player).

1 comment:

  1. I wonder how many of those 88 Hershisers are ones I don't have? Not that I want to give you another project or anything.

    ReplyDelete