Saturday, September 17, 2011

Live Blog - Smokies vs Baybears - pregame

I'm fortunate enough to be at Smokies Park for game 3 of the Southern League Championship.  The Mobile Baybears are up two games to none over the Tennessee Smokies.  The game is scheduled to start at 7:15pm.  I arrived shortly after 6pm.  Still plenty of parking.  On the elevator ride up to the press booth Adam Kline, the Smokies Director of Media Relations, extended his hand and called me by name.  The Smokies have a good staff.

Since this is Saturday and we are in Vols country, the CBS feed is being played on the scoreboard.  Tennessee just scored.  It is now 13-30, Florida.

I'm off to snap some photos.  Back soon.

Nothing like football at the ballpark.



Bryan Steverson's excellent book, Amazing Baseball Heroes.



Bill's Dream Job.  Except at another stadium.

I'm eating BBQ sandwich, corn on the cob, salad, and fried zucchini.  Press booth food is good.  They're getting ready for the pregame ceremonies.  I need to finish my sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment