Thursday, July 7, 2011

Little Earl Wilson Cards

These cards are not your "normal" baseball card sized cards. They're little.

The Globe playing card is 1-5/8" x 2-1/4".  The paper stock is very thin.  When this arrived from BargainBaseballCards.com I almost thought that it was a photocopy.  But it was nice to pick up an oddball for just 15 cents.


1969 Globe Import Playing Cards (blank back)
Earl Wilson (5 of Diamonds)

This approximately 2"x3" Broder card came from ebay.  A bit more pricey.  $5 delivered.  But I used some ebay bucks that I had accumulated by purchasing things for work.  Free cards for me.  And a fantastic ebay seller.  Great communication and super quick shipping.

1974 Broder PCL "Popcorn"
Earl Wilson (card # 49)


I didn't know that Earl Wilson played for the San Francisco Seals.  A bit of poking around old newspaper accounts indicate that he did play in some preseason games but went to serve in the military before the season actually started.  My research there is not yet complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment