Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Some cards with Orel wearing a Dodger uniform

Yes, another of the never ending show and tell posts from the my trade with the Night Owl.  In a recent comment Greg mentioned that he did, indeed, send some Hershiser cards with Orel wearing a Dodgers uniform.  Here are two of them.

The first is the last year of Donruss's Triple Play cards.  First appearing in 1992, they only lasted three season.  Orel has a card in each year of production (1992: 212, 1993: 121, 1994: 84).

1994 Triple Play
Orel Hershiser (card # 84)




The next card we have is the 1995 UD Collector's Choice, Special Edition, Gold Signature.  These parallel cards were inserted 1 in every 36 packs.  There are 265 cards in the base set, so it would stand to reason that every 9,540 packs would have one Gold Orel in it.  I only had to wait 16 years to get it.  Sweet.

1995 UD Collector's Choice
Special Edition - Gold Signature
Orel Hershiser (card # 89)

Another card that Greg couldn't wait to get out of his collection, a 1998 Upper Deck with Orel wearing that dreaded shade of orange.  Fortunately Orel went to the Indians before heading to San Francisco.  Took a bit of the sting away for Dodger's fans.  I think.

Why it took me 13 years to get this base card still baffles me.

1998 Upper Deck
Orel Hershiser (card # 720)

So, not that many cards left in the pack that Greg sent my way.  Soon you'll be done having to endure this Night Owl love fest.  Then I'll turn my attention to the TribeCards.net buck-a-box dog and pony show.  Hang on to your hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment