Monday, February 28, 2011

Trade with the Lifetime Topps Project.

I'm trying to get rid of my cards. Well, the cards I don't want. So, as I find cards and a collector that wants the cards I try to hook them up.

This happened recently. Charles, proprietor of the Lifetime Topps Project, needed some 1980 Topps cards that I had.

He was kind enough to pull two Orel Hershisers that I wanted and also threw in some D-backs for my dad.

1996 Upper Deck
Orel Hershiser (card # 59)

Was the 1995 Indians refuge for players from other teams?  I didn't know that Orel and Dennis Martinez were such good friends.  What's a 40 year old ex-Expo doing in Cleveland?


1996 Upper Deck
Checklist - Orel Hershiser (card # 220)



Why didn't I own these two 1996 Upper Deck cards before now? My guess is that it has something to do with the fact that I stopped collecting in about 1995, soon after my son was born. I had the interest, but not the time.

The embarrassing thing about this trade is that I haven't yet completed my end of it. I have the cards to send to Charles in a package, awaiting a trip to the post office. I really thought that today was the day. It wasn't.

Charles, thanks for the cards and your patience.

1 comment:

  1. No worries - thanks in advance for the topps cards!

    ReplyDelete