Sunday, December 26, 2010

Some Assembly Required

Usually one reads this phrase at 11:45pm, Christmas Eve, when you realize that you've lent all your tools to your brother-in-law on the other side of town.

2003 Fleer MLB 3-D Stars, Jason Giambi
card # 6
I've had this card for some time.  Picked it up for a dime.  I didn't know what it was.  Until today.


I've looked through my copy of the 2009 Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards and never saw this.  A final check today produced results.
Eighteen players are included in this novelty card issue from Fleer Entertainment division. Each player is printed on a 2-1/4" x 3-1/2" card that is die-cut to allow the pieces to be punched out and assembled in a varety of action poses. Each 5-5/8" x 7-3/8" blister pack contains five 3-D cards, one assembled and four unassembled.

image lifted from this ebay auction
Now I know.

2 comments:

  1. Gonna leave Mr Giambi disassembled, or are you going to put him together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen those, but I did spend 5 hours yesterday putting my boys' new ping pong table together.

    ReplyDelete