Sunday, May 24, 2009

Accountability Time

I have a tendancy to overextend myself. I have a lot of ideas. Some good. Some not so good. But I spend time thinking about each type. I've come to realize that I need to stop thinking up ideas. That will give me more time to do other things. Like things I should be doing.

I have stacks of cards scattered around the computer that need to be put away. I have an IOU to a blogger to send out some cards. I'm about six weeks late on that promise.

I wander the backstreets of ebay, hoping to find the next card I need. But I don't need them.

I did sort out my Hershiser cards that I'd like to scan and post to Zistle (as compared to the ones that I've already scanned or that they have). I'm making some small headway there. I came to the realization that I don't need to scan and post them all this week.

Releasing the hit counter from this blog has freed me up some.

No, I'm not OCD, but I do like things in order. Not my office, mind you, but cards. I'm struggling with how to organize my Hershiser cards in the binder. By manufacturer? By year? By team? I'm leaning towards year.

All that to say, I'm going to get the cards out this week for Sean. I'm going to clean up some of the cards around the computer.

I've also started to bid on HOF relic/auto cards on ebay and elsewhere. I won a few on sportlots.com. I need to be more discriminating when it comes to which HOF relic cards I pick up. I've seen some with a player depicted with a team that he spent one season with. I'd rather have the card showing them with the team that they entered the Hall for.

And now a card or two.

1987 Fleer Record Setters (card # 16)


1989 Baseball Wit (card #1)

The Fleer Record Setters card is from one of those Fleer mini box sets. There were 44 cards in that box. I'm not sure off the top of my head what record Orel set that year.

The Baseball Wit card is from a set of trivia cards. Similar to the Classic game cards.

So, to recap... I'm busy and need to focus. By sharing my thoughts with you here I hope to better fulfill them.

No comments:

Post a Comment