Friday, April 17, 2009

Mail day from the north



Beth, a friend of mine, well, actually more a friend of my wife, was kind enough to send me a collectible that she got in Canada. It is a McDonald's 2009 mini helmet of Alexander Ovechkin of the Washington Capitals.


And in local hockey news, the Knoxville Icebears won the President's Cup for the Southern Professional Hockey League's championship. Second year in a row and three out of the last four years. The league has only been around five years, so that's one good team.

2 comments:

  1. unless you were/ are gaslighting me, I would be positive (hmmm not unequivocal, like a politician) anyhoo, I was sure that i read somewhere on one of your blogs that you had seen a commercial for the helmets but that the helmet wasa canadian mickey d promotion. (but now i cant find that post) We do not have the commmericals here but every MCD's has them. And a choice of helmets too!!! I chose Alexander because he was my fave of the days choices. Emily who was with me had thought Malkin, but i had the wallet so i won. I know you guys arent hockey fans but i figured a sports memrobilia fan would be interested. I enjoyed the commerical. I peronally like the hockey stick promotion better. I thought they were more elegant than a hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth,
    You saw that post here.

    I'm a hockey fan. Not a fanatic, but I enjoy watching it. I think Angie indulges me.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete