Thursday, April 30, 2009

A day late...

I think I was born too late. Just a few days, though.

I have several ideas for blog posts, some in my head, some actually started as drafts. Then, as I'm tweaking them up I see that some other blogger posted on the same topic.

Cases in point...

The REA auction. I got my catalog a few weeks ago. I scanned the cover in and started the post, never quite finding what I thought was the correct angle. I thought I did last night (in my head) and what do you know. Mr. Owl posted here. And Mario did so before him. Then Ernest did so at Blue Heaven. Oh, I've posted about auction house catalogs before. But I got scooped. No. It isn't about who posted first. "Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who." (Requisite Holy Grail reference. Or maybe this Holy Grail reference.)

And then there's the Dollar General pack break post. A year too late. Out Of The Mill posted about them in 2008.

Are all the good ideas taken? (no) Am I just being a bit harsh on myself? (yes)

Enough already. Torpedoes be darned, I'm going to post about the REA auction catalog anyhow. Look for it in the upcoming days. And yes, I'm going to say something nice about the fridge magnet they give away. Call it plagiarism.

2 comments:

  1. Silly me. . . I thought you were going to post a birthday entry for your daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, go ahead and post about it anyway. Everyone has their own take, that's why I read 100 or so of these things.

    ReplyDelete