Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Working in IT

Recent comments on my last post have led me to think that I wasn't clear about the cards that I purchased on ebay. Lest anyone think that I'm living the Beverly Hillbillies lifestyle, rolling in mountains of cash while only buying old cards because the new shiny ones are expensive, let me assure you that I'm not.

The gift card was for $25.

The T206 was had for $9.95, plus $3.79 S&H. $13.74 total.

The Exhibit Cochrane was had for $1.04. The "Wide Pen" Cochrane was had for $12.50. Same seller, so a combined S&H of $3.50. $17.04 total.

Three cards delivered for $30.78. Strip away the S&H charges and I picked them up for $23.49.

I do count the cost of the S&H, so I guess I was lying. Have you known an IT guy who doesn't?

1 comment:

  1. I work in IT as well, and I agree with your "unhorking" comment. I have to say, I don't think your post came across like you were rolling in cashola at all...

    I only count S&H depending on who I am telling and why... :-)

    ReplyDelete