Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pinch me again

 
I try to be an honest man.  In my dealings with the card shop that is going out of business at the end of this month, I didn't think that I got my change back.  I called the shop, explained what happened.  The clerk agreed with me.  I returned to the store, got my receipt and change.

When I got home, I found that I did get the change, but not the receipt and I put the change in a pocket I normally don't.  So, Monday I wrote a letter of apology to the owner of the store for the honest mistake and included the cash.

(The above is not a story to make me feel better, just an illustration for blog filler.  But it is true.)

I also like to be truthful in my blog.

So, in the last blog post, I slightly retouched the card image.  The image I had was a bit ragged around the edges.   Using some paint-type tools, I made it look crisper.  I really should have left it the way it was.  Cards are cards and we should accept them for what they are, in whatever condition they are in.

I also stated that I wouldn't be editing that post.  So, in keeping with my word, I won't.  I'll just create a new post. 

I would like to point out to those that don't read the comments here that Mr. Owl posted a blog entry about Herb Washington and his card late last year.

He also just posted one of the funnier things that I've read this month in his entry for the 4th Blog Bat Around.  Sad thing is, he used up all of my ideas.  Verbatim.  Darn that man. 

Like A-Rod, I'd like to apologize to my fans if I've let them down in any way.
 

2 comments:

  1. Just say you were young, stupid and naive, too. That ought to cover it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Je suis désolé mais je ne parle pas anglais.

    ReplyDelete