Friday, February 13, 2009

Phone call


Last evening, after I got home from work, the phone rang. My wife answered and started to chat with a puzzled look. It was the owner of the card shop that is going out of business. He tracked me down (it turns out that he works with one of my neighbors, a lady that attends the same church as I do).

We spoke for a few minutes. He thanked me for the letter I wrote him and returning the change that I received by mistake.

He is closing his shop, but will still be involved in cards. I didn't ask, but I assume that the overhead of running a shop wasn't kind to him.

So, I owe him an email, inviting him to this and other blogs. I need to send him my want list because he just found some 1960s baseball cards. I need to be thankful for kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment